The OS X 10.11.4 update breaks some things for folks, Photos storage is a concern to more than a few listeners, and a little more about wireless networks to round out last week's discussion. All that plus tips about making sure your Finder windows are where you think they are and learning how to use Activity Monitor to see what your apps are doing right now. Download and enjoy!
MGG 599: Your Two Favorite Geeks, Caffeinated
Sponsor: Casper makes an obsessively-engineered mattress at a shockingly fair price. Latex foam and memory foam come together to make just the right sink and just the right bounce. Visit www.casper.com/mgg and get $50 towards any mattress purchase!
Sponsor: Meet the PDFpen family: powerful PDF tools for Mac and iOS. Edit, sign, scan, and OCR at your Mac or on the go.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- There was an error connecting to the Apple ID server (2:06)
- Mac Mini Late 2014 Hard Drive Replacement
- TR6 Torx Security Screwdriver
- iCloud Photo Library Storage Options (17:10)
- My Photo Stream FAQ (22:08)
- How to Show the Current Path in the Finder Title Bar (24:15)
- Run Activity monitor as root:
sudo /Applications/Utilities/Activity\ Monitor.app/Contents/MacOS/Activity\ Monitor (30:18)
- 10.3: Use Activity Monitor to 'sample' running applications
- How to Enable & Use the Virtual Keyboard in Mac OS X (40:08)
- Quick Tip: Understand your Wi-Fi with Airport Utility (44:35)
- WiFriedX (45:50)
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Router (R8000) (53:11)
- MoCA (58:14)
- TiVo Mini
- DFU Mode (1:05:15)
- Grain Audio In-Ear Headphones (1:08:10)
- JBL S400BT
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.
- MoCA (58:14)