Sound is a funny thing, so are pronunciations and ringtones, and yet your two favorite geeks have some great tips for you about both of those. Need to replace the Finder? Need to diagnose a malfunctioning port on your Mac? How about restoring your magically disappearing printers? Your geeks have you covered there, too. Plus, Dave talks about his experience with an iPhone SE. All of this and more for you today on MGG!
MGG 603: Pronunciation, Rants and The Joy of a Smaller Phone
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- OS X Dictionary (1:43)
- How to Make a Mac Talk: Text to Speech
- OS X El Capitan: Hear your Mac speak text
- Creating iPhone Ringtones With Fission (3:33)
- How to make a ringtone for iPhone using OS X
- defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores true (5:44)
- Notability (7:32)
- FireWire (10:23)
- TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Switch (TL-SG108E)
- TP-LINK 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Easy Smart Switch (TL-SG108E) (Amazon)
- QoS / Quality of Service (37:15)
- Motorola MB7420 16x4 Cable Modem (39:35)
- Path Finder (1:03:27)
- Commander One
- XtraFinder (1:05:26)
- Reset Printing System (1:07:34)
- iPhone SE (1:11:38)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.