Need an expert's guide to the Genius Bar? Forgot your PIN code but Touch ID still works? Hurry up and follow today's advice to save your data. Need to get Internet to another building far away (but not too far)? How about using HomeKit? These are the questions your two favorite geeks answer. Plus, they'll give you some truly expert advice for handling yourself at the Genius Bar. Download and enjoy!
MGG 608: Personal Cloud For Photos and More
Sponsor: Meet the PDFpen family: powerful PDF tools for Mac and iOS. Edit, sign, scan, and OCR at your Mac or on the go.
Sponsor: Atlassian: So focused on TEAM it's their stock symbol. Makers of JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence, HipChat and more.
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Weatherman Lite
- Podcast Awards (4:25)
- FaceTime for Mac (5:18)
- Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Use third-party apps on your Apple Watch (6:41)
- iCloud Support - Photo Stream (8:31)
- Photo Station (14:56)
- How to move an Apple Photos for OS X library to an external drive
- New Touch ID rules: Why you have to enter your passcode when you wake up (41:32)
- Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- HomeKit (50:41)
- Docker (Synology Virtualization Environment)
- eero (56:56)
- Ubiquity AirFiber5
- Genius Bar (1:07:03)
- Purchasing your own cable modem may save money and allow for faster data speeds (1:19:28)
- Arris SURFBoard 6900 (1:22:49)
- Arris RipCurrent
- Fling’s Bovine Abduction on Apple Music or Spotify or on Fling’s own website (1:27:14)
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.