Ever have IMAP mail get confused? Ever have your Mac slow to wake up? Ever have your Mac doing something (far too much, in fact) while it's sleeping? All this and more on today's MGG!
MGG 554: Sleepy Macs Sometimes Go To Work
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures
- We're gonna be cool... like Fonzie
- Mail (Yosemite): Use a specific mailbox to store messages on an IMAP server (3:01)
- Resolving Stubborn Wi-Fi Connection Problems in Mac OS X (9:43)
- Setting up TP-Link Router with Linux (or OS X, instead of Windows) (17:29)
- sudo pfctl -e (enables pf firewall)
- Link Aggregation
- Synology Comparison Chart (Dave’s picks) (32:51)
- Synology DiskStation DS713+
- Which Synology DiskStation/RackStation can I use with Synology Expansion Units?
- Mac computers: Sleep Indicator Light behavior (45:03)
- About Energy Saver sleep and idle modes in Mac OS X (47:02)
- pmset -g (current power management settings)
- Hibernate Mode to configure sleep (“0” is like desktops, doesn’t store RAM image)
- Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac
- Resetting Energy Saver Preferences
- iMovie for iOS (59:47)
- Workflow iOS app
- About the Auto-Uploadr in the Flickr app
- Audioengine D1 (Dave’s mini, off-the-cuff review) (1:06:07)
- Citrix XenApp (1:13:51)
- Parallels Desktop
- VMWare Fusion
- How to install Windows using Boot Camp
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael Johnston of The iOS Show and Applr.