HP To Sell iPod Photo in 2005
TMO at CES - HP To Sell iPod Photo in 2005
by , 7:20 PM EST, January 7th, 2005
LAS VEGAS, NV -- During her keynote address at the Consumer Electronics Show on Friday, HP CEO Carly Fiorina announced that her company will sell an HP-branded version of Apple's newest iPod, the iPod Photo, later in 2005, according to a report from CNet News.
No other details about the units have been announced, but the company's iPod offerings have so far been manufactured by Apple with the HP logo. The iPod Photo differs from other iPods in that it has a color LCD display, and can store and display color photos.
HP has focused on making its version of the iPod more Windows-friendly, including bundling cables and diagrams that are color coded and designed expressly for HP desktop and laptop computers. The company also packages its iPod units with an instruction poster to show new users how to connect the iPod to their HP PC.
In addition, the company has introduced iPod accessories such as Tattoos, printable skins that can be wrapped around Apple or HP iPods.
HP became Apple's first, and so far only, licensee to make an iPod one year ago during Macworld Expo San Francisco 2004. The company then released Apple iPod by HP on August of last year, selling some 121,000 units in the first quarter of availability.
- Mon,9:03 AM
- Rumor Claims 12-inch iPad Production Coming in Early 2015
- Sun,8:14 PM
- MGG 532: Blowin’ Up The Spammers!
- 7:45 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 52 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- Fri,5:31 PM
- Google, Samsung can’t Top Apple’s Unreleased Apple Watch
- 5:10 PM
- Report: Apple Pay is Disrupting and Transforming Mobile Payments
- 4:04 PM
- Apple Raises Prices in Russian App Store Amidst Ruble Meltdown
- 3:55 PM
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- 2:29 PM
- 6-Ft MFi-Certified iOS Lightning and micro USB Convertible Charging Cable: $21
- 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-12-19
- 11:02 AM
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Calls BS on BBC iPhone Factory Film
- 9:11 AM
- McDonald’s Supersizes Sales with Apple’s iBeacon Tech
- Thu,8:09 PM
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory