HP To Sell iPod Photo in 2005
TMO at CES - HP To Sell iPod Photo in 2005
by , 7:20 PM EST, January 7th, 2005
LAS VEGAS, NV -- During her keynote address at the Consumer Electronics Show on Friday, HP CEO Carly Fiorina announced that her company will sell an HP-branded version of Apple's newest iPod, the iPod Photo, later in 2005, according to a report from CNet News.
No other details about the units have been announced, but the company's iPod offerings have so far been manufactured by Apple with the HP logo. The iPod Photo differs from other iPods in that it has a color LCD display, and can store and display color photos.
HP has focused on making its version of the iPod more Windows-friendly, including bundling cables and diagrams that are color coded and designed expressly for HP desktop and laptop computers. The company also packages its iPod units with an instruction poster to show new users how to connect the iPod to their HP PC.
In addition, the company has introduced iPod accessories such as Tattoos, printable skins that can be wrapped around Apple or HP iPods.
HP became Apple's first, and so far only, licensee to make an iPod one year ago during Macworld Expo San Francisco 2004. The company then released Apple iPod by HP on August of last year, selling some 121,000 units in the first quarter of availability.
- Wed,8:40 PM
- ACM 274: LOL Windows 10, Privacy Has Value, Protesting and Jailbreaking
- 5:25 PM
- iOS 8: News In Notification Center
- 4:19 PM
- The Name Your Own Price Learn To Code Bundle
- 4:11 PM
- Waterfield Spinn Pouch Case for iPhone 6/6 Plus: Excellence in Leather
- 3:40 PM
- ‘Someone’ Targets Hong Kong Protesters Using Jailbroken iPhones with Malware
- 2:55 PM
- iOS 8: Make Cellular Phone Calls from Your iPad Using Handoff
- 2:01 PM
- New Aerial Shot Shows Apple Campus Construction Underway
- 1:40 PM
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Dr. Mac’s Final Showdown
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-10-01
- 11:02 AM
- Report Claims Gold iPad Coming Soon
- 10:31 AM
- Evercore Raises AAPL Target on Strong iPhone 6 Demand
- 10:03 AM
- Apple Tells Developers to Submit their OS X Yosemite-compatible Apps