HP To Sell iPod Photo in 2005
TMO at CES - HP To Sell iPod Photo in 2005
by , 7:20 PM EST, January 7th, 2005
LAS VEGAS, NV -- During her keynote address at the Consumer Electronics Show on Friday, HP CEO Carly Fiorina announced that her company will sell an HP-branded version of Apple's newest iPod, the iPod Photo, later in 2005, according to a report from CNet News.
No other details about the units have been announced, but the company's iPod offerings have so far been manufactured by Apple with the HP logo. The iPod Photo differs from other iPods in that it has a color LCD display, and can store and display color photos.
HP has focused on making its version of the iPod more Windows-friendly, including bundling cables and diagrams that are color coded and designed expressly for HP desktop and laptop computers. The company also packages its iPod units with an instruction poster to show new users how to connect the iPod to their HP PC.
In addition, the company has introduced iPod accessories such as Tattoos, printable skins that can be wrapped around Apple or HP iPods.
HP became Apple's first, and so far only, licensee to make an iPod one year ago during Macworld Expo San Francisco 2004. The company then released Apple iPod by HP on August of last year, selling some 121,000 units in the first quarter of availability.
- Mon,10:00 PM
- Google Plus + Google Agenda = Facebook Win
- 6:35 PM
- LOL Look Back at 2012: Apple Death Knell #60, Microsoft Will Beat Apple (& Google)
- 4:11 PM
- Free Dual-Display Wallpaper for Your Macs
- 3:35 PM
- Exocharge 3-Port USB Car Charger: $14.99
- 3:30 PM
- Apple is a Large Company - it Has Large Ambitions
- 1:46 PM
- Get Lost, and Found, in the Awesome Literary Road Trips Map
- 1:23 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2015-07-27: Apple’s Brilliant Marketing Message, Apple Watch in Best Buy
- 10:48 AM
- Huge Counterfeit iPhone Maker Shut Down in China
- 9:15 AM
- Good News, Apple Watch, You’re Coming to Best Buy
- Sun,7:19 PM
- MGG 563: Troubleshooting is a Process ... and So is Ranting About the Cloud
- Fri,8:40 PM
- Apple Redefines the Power of Plain Language in New iPhone Campaign
- 5:58 PM
- KIDS REACT TO 1ST iPOD