TMO To Go Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #32: What Your Mac Does Behind Your Back and Advanced Podcasting Setup
by , 3:30 PM EST, January 2nd, 2006
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For January 2nd, 2006
Today's Macs do a lot more than the original Mac ever did, and some of that stuff happens without you knowing it. John and Dave start this conversation with some of the things they watch on their Macs to make sure nothing is happening that shouldn't be. Dave also found a solution to his dream podcasting setup, and talks through the details of that, as well!
If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, we have two feeds:
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- CacheFly - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- Heil Sound - John and Dave are both using Heil Microphones today
- The Devil's Advocate - Spotlight: Is Your Mac Going To Rat On You?
- ProSoft Engineering
- .Mac Backup
- Secure .Mac-based iChat
- Audio Hijack Pro
- Mackie Onyx 1220 Mixer - Dave uses this Firewire-enabled mixer to manage the podcast
- Party for the People 2006
- Little Snitch
- Macworld Expo Podcast Symposium
- Review the Mac Geek Gab on iTunes (please!)
- fsck - File system consistency check command
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes 4.9! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Fri,8:00 PM
- Get Free Bitcoins with 45 Website Faucets that Really Pay [Update]
- 7:56 PM
- Level Up Contacts with Contact Center
- 6:40 PM
- 8 Predictions for Apple’s September 9 Media Event
- 5:15 PM
- How To Tell iMessages From Text Messages
- 5:02 PM
- 2 Deals and 4 Freebies
- 3:44 PM
- Apple’s September 9 Event Won’t be What we Expect
- 1:56 PM
- Emoji-Only Social Network Emojili App Released on iTunes
- 1:08 PM
- TMO Daily Observations: 2014-08-29
- 11:05 AM
- New Photos Show iPhone 6 in Grey, Gold, Silver
- 9:42 AM
- Bloomberg Backs Up Wearables Announcement at Apple’s Sept 9 Event
- 8:45 AM
- iTunes: Deauthorize Before You Sell Your Mac
- Thu,8:01 PM
- Apple Granted 14 Years Protection for 5th Ave Glass Cube by Patent Office