|The Mac and Windows SETI@home client has been updated to include several bug fixes and new features. If you are unfamiliar with the SETI@home project, read our About page. The new version includes the following features:
- SETI@home is now completely compatible with FreePPP.
- The Apple Menu now works properly.
- Screensaver activates properly even if user has collapsed SETI@home main window with WindowShade feature.
- Improved support for systems with multiple graphics cards/monitors.
- Graphics code has been optimized - 32-bit color mode now runs faster, as does screen blanking mode.
- Client now waits only 15 minutes to retry network errors (but still waits 60 minutes for server errors).
- Fixed many small defects. For more details, see the release notes.
In other great news, in the past 24 hours, the 2nd Mac platform has managed to gain more ground over 3rd place Sparc Solaris in units completed. The Mac platform has posted 383,413 completed work units while Solaris has posted 367,137, a difference of 16,276 units. That represents a small gain since yesterday. With the number of people joining such teams as Team Mac Observer, Team MacAddict, and Team O'Grady's PowerPage, it is no wonder. One day does not mean that we are safe in our #2 spot, but it is a good sign.
We are also proud to announce that Team Mac Observer has jumped 13 spots in the Top 100 Club teams and we now occupy the #75 spot! We have officially posted 1,275 work units though the Team has since posted 1,299. This is only our 2nd day in the Top 100 and it looks as if we will continue to vault up the ladder. Congrats to all who have joined Team Mac Observer! This has been a great Team effort.
We would like to welcome TechWorks as the latest company to join Team Mac Observer. TechWorks is the maker of RAM for both Macs and PCs as well as the PowerUSB 4-port Hub aimed at the iMac and Blue & White market. Welcome aboard TechWorks! If you want your logo on our Team Mac Observer page, just follow these directions.
We have also continued to grow the Team and we can now claim 150 people who have signed on. One unfortunate aspect of growing to over 100 members is that we no longer can list all the Team Members on the Roster page. SETI@home only gives us the Top 100 members in our Team, and so that's all we have to list. If we can find a way to list everyone again, we will.
Still need your help to keep the Solaris fans in their proper place at number 3 though! Join the SETI@home project and then sign up for Team Mac Observer!
You can download the new Mac client from the SETI@home web site.
Team Mac Observer