Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #70: Favorite New Apps of Two Mac Geeks
by , 10:00 PM EDT, September 18th, 2006
Show notes for TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab For September 18th, 2006
John and Dave talk through some of the apps they've found and begun using recently.If you're using iTunes to download and listen to podcasts, subscribe to the AAC Enhanced iTunes Feed.
Note: Shownotes are complete.
- Open Source
- Broadcast Machine
- Warner/YouTube Partnership
- Google News
- SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- SCP (Secure Copy)
- Boot Camp 1.1.1 Beta
- Apple IIc Plus
- This Day in Apple History
- The MacCore
- Universal Access
- Snapz Pro X
- NationStates - Come join the "Geeks Unite" region. Learn more from Wikipedia.
- Podcast/Portable Media Expo
- Mac Networkers Retreat
- - You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
- MacGeekGab AAC Enhanced Feed - Thanks to Michael, aka Computernap!
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-5c earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Wed, 8:00 AM
- Be More Productive by Typing Faster
- Tue, 9:49 PM
- Apple Releases Logic Pro X 10.3.1 with Security Fix, Improved Regions and iOS GarageBand Support
- Tue, 9:32 PM
- Apple Takes Us on iPhone 7 'One Night' Tours of NYC, Johannesburg, Shanghai, Tokyo
- Tue, 8:09 PM
- Apple App Store Revenues Hit $40 Per User, While Average Downloads Decrease
- Tue, 7:11 PM
- Han Solo Star Wars Movie Starts Filming
- Tue, 6:52 PM
- Apple Watch 3 Shipping in Fall, Switching to Glass-film Touch Surface
- Tue, 6:21 PM
- Apple Remote Desktop Updated with Touch Bar Support
- Tue, 4:07 PM
- Here’s the TV Set-Top Box Apple Could Have Built: Caavo
- Tue, 2:47 PM
- New iPad Pro and iPhone SE Report - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-21
- Tue, 11:51 AM
- Apple Using PrimeSense Tech for iPhone 8 3D Front Facing Camera
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Stress Blocks: $14.99
- Tue, 5:19 AM
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious