Podcast - Mac Geek Gab #136: Remote Access from Macworld Expo Experiment (Gone Overboard!)
by , 2:30 AM EST, January 15th, 2008
Show notes for Mac Geek Gab Podcast For January 14, 2008
Direct Links: MP3 Version (no AAC conversions during Macworld Expo week).
In a very unique take on their travel shows, Dave and John talk through Dave's remote TiVo experiment, touching on many Mac tips along the way.
Sponsor: BBEdit: BBEdit is the leading professional-strength HTML and text editor for the Macintosh. A text power tool for everyone!
Note: Shownotes are finished (but perhaps not entirely complete... it's a trade show week!)
Podcast-related sites to visit (and vote for us!):
- Subscribe to the Mac Geek Gab in iTunes! - Show Details - Write a review!
- PodcastAlley - Vote (please!)
- Podcast Pickle
(even an audio comment, if you please!), post in the comments below, Skype your message to "macgeekgab", or call and leave a voice-mail at 206-666-GEEK!
This podcast is recorded on a Mac using Audio Hijack Pro. As for equipment, John is using a Behringer C-1 microphone going through a Behringer Eurorack UB1222FX-PRO mixer, monitored with Etymotic ER-6i Isolator earphones, then straight in to his Mac. On Dave's end, a Heil PR-40 microphone is used, and the whole show is mixed "live" through a Mackie Onyx 1220 FireWire-enabled mixer before being pumped back into the Mac (via FireWire, of course), and is monitored with Ultimate Ears UE-7 Ambient earphones. Each microphone is run through a channel on a Behringer Autocom Pro-XL MDX1600 compressor, a touch of reverb is added with an ART FX-1 processor, and the whole thing is then compressed in software on the Mac. The show is recorded to AIFF, and then converted and uploaded with an Automator script. Michael, aka Computernap, then goes through and enhances the show to provide you with the AAC version. You can hear more details of the setup and how it's mixed on Episode #32.
Find more editions at the TMO To Go: Mac Geek Gab index.
- Tue, 8:29 PM
- Fujitsu Plans ScanSnap Fix for Sierra by Middle October
- Tue, 7:49 PM
- iOS 10: Save a File as PDF to iBooks
- Tue, 7:39 PM
- Apple Needs to Step Up its HealthKit Game Before Making it a Diagnosis Tool
- Tue, 7:08 PM
- How Do You Export Multiple Albums in macOS Sierra Photos?
- Tue, 2:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-27: HealthKit for Diagnosis, Roku vs Apple TV
- Tue, 1:49 PM
- Pay What You Want for The Award-Winning Mac Bundle
- Tue, 12:50 PM
- iOS 10: Print to PDF With and Without 3D Touch
- Tue, 11:57 AM
- How to Set Up Universal Clipboard for Your Mac and iOS Devices
- Tue, 9:38 AM
- macOS Sierra: Using Tapback in Messages
- Mon, 6:38 PM
- watchOS 3: Mickey and Minnie Mouse Can Now Speak the Time
- Mon, 5:51 PM
- iOS 10: How to Use Maps Extensions
- Mon, 5:07 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Founder & President of Bombich Software, Mike Bombich