The PowerBook G4 Titanium DVD-ROM Update improves support for the insertion and mounting of optical media. The DVD-ROM Update places new firmware on the Apple DVD-ROM drive installed in PowerBook G4 Titanium computers.
Updating Your DVD-ROM Firmware
To update the firmware on your DVD-ROM drive, follow these steps:
- Make sure your PowerBookis power cord is connected and plugged into a working power source.
- Save all open documents and quit all applications.
- If a disc is in the DVD-ROM drive, eject it by dragging its icon to the Trash.
- Open the DVD-ROM Update application by double-clicking the icon.
- When you see the opening dialog box, click Continue to update the drive firmware.
- Once the firmware is updated, the Update application quits. Restart your computer.
You can find more information, including download links, at the VersionTracker Web site.