Apple CEO Steve Jobs was willing to provide free copies of Mac OS X to a project that wants to sell laptops for US$100 each in developing countries, according to a report at PC Pro. The organization instead chose Red Hat Linux running on AMD processors. An M.I.T. professor involved in the project said Mac OS X was declined "because itis not open source." Apple did not comment.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program