Apple CEO Steve Jobs was willing to provide free copies of Mac OS X to a project that wants to sell laptops for US$100 each in developing countries, according to a report at PC Pro. The organization instead chose Red Hat Linux running on AMD processors. An M.I.T. professor involved in the project said Mac OS X was declined "because itis not open source." Apple did not comment.
Recent News See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- Apple to Accept Some Cracked Screens in iPhone Trade-in Program and Install Screen Protectors