Apple CEO Steve Jobs was willing to provide free copies of Mac OS X to a project that wants to sell laptops for US$100 each in developing countries, according to a report at PC Pro. The organization instead chose Red Hat Linux running on AMD processors. An M.I.T. professor involved in the project said Mac OS X was declined "because itis not open source." Apple did not comment.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi