Apple CEO Steve Jobs was willing to provide free copies of Mac OS X to a project that wants to sell laptops for US$100 each in developing countries, according to a report at PC Pro. The organization instead chose Red Hat Linux running on AMD processors. An M.I.T. professor involved in the project said Mac OS X was declined "because itis not open source." Apple did not comment.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Continues to Plunder Fashion Industry with Another Burberry Hire
- Missouri Law Would Require Photo ID for Apple Pay Purchases
- Apple to Support some Non-HomeKit Devices Through Apple TV
- Adobe Patches One Critical Zero-day Flash Exploit, Leaves Another for Next Week
- Apple Loses Retail Tycoon Mickey Drexler from Board