Apple CEO Steve Jobs was willing to provide free copies of Mac OS X to a project that wants to sell laptops for US$100 each in developing countries, according to a report at PC Pro. The organization instead chose Red Hat Linux running on AMD processors. An M.I.T. professor involved in the project said Mac OS X was declined "because itis not open source." Apple did not comment.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups