Aspyr has announced that the company will be bringing Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast to the Mac. Jedi Night II: Jedi Outcast is a first person shooter set in the Star Wars universe in which you are Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn. The game is built on the Quake III engine, and will be supported in both OS 9 and Mac OS X.
The game was developed for Lucasarts by Raven Software, and announced on May 17th, 2001 for Windows. The title was released for Windows on March 28th, 2002, and has since been a very successful release. Aspyr has not announced when the game is expected to ship.
The rebel Jedi Kyle Katarn is back and ready to take you on his most exciting adventure yet!
Several years have passed since Kyle avenged his fatheris death and saved the Valley of the Jedi from Jerec and his band of Dark Jedi. Allowing his Force powers to languish for fear of falling to the dark side, Kyle entrusted his lightsaber to Luke Skywalker, vowing never to use it again. But when a new and menacing threat to the galaxy emerges, Kyle knows he must reclaim his past in order to save his future. Players assume the role of Kyle as they employ a unique mix of weapons, Force powers and your lightsaber in both single- and multiplayer modes.
- Expanded and enhanced use of the lightsaber features a slew of attack and defense moves.
- Tap into the powers of the Force including Jump, Push, Jedi Mind Tricks and more.
- Employ combat or stealth, depending on the situation. When a fight is necessary, be at the ready with an arsenal of weapons: stun baton, Bryar blast pistol, blaster rifle to name but a few.
- Explore breathtaking Star Wars locales--Cloud City, the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4, Nar Shaddaa, the smugglersi moon--plus some never-before-seen locations.
- Two multiplayer modes: Jedi training and team-based play
- Developed in conjunction with the critically acclaimed Raven Software using an advanced Quake III® engine.
System Requirements (These may change before the gameis release):
- MacOS 9.0 or later
- MacOS X compatible
- G3 Processor at 400 MHz or faster
- 128 MB of Memory
- 4X CD-ROM (16X recommended)
- Hard Drive, with 665 MB minimum free space
- Hardware 3D Acceleration required
You can find more information at Aspyris Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Web page.