Berkan Software has released a beta version of Omikron Basic, bringing it to version 7.0. Omikron Basic is a programming language for PowerMac. The beta version has several new features including a redesigned editor function. According to Berkan Software:
The programming language Omikron Basic for Apple PowerMac is now available as Version 7.0 Beta. In addition to the completely redesigned editor, many additional functions were implemented as well. For example, the last work space can be automatically loaded right when the program starts.
The following improvements have been implemented:
Version 7.0 (Beta) from 29 October 2001
- The most important and immediately apparent change in Omikron Basic 7 is the completely revised and newly designed editor.
- The new Open Recent menu option offers the opportunity to restore the last workspace.
- The Edit menu now offers the additional menu options Paste and Insert.
- The Find, Replace, and Compare functions have been improved.
- The debugger control window now displays true float behavior, i.e., it is displayed above all other windows for easy access to the control elements
- A new menu title named Window contains the names of all open windows that cannot be accessed via other menu options
You can find more information about the beta version of Omikron Basic at the Berkan Software Web site. Omikron Basic 7.0 is available starting at US$107.00.