LAS VEGAS -- Boris FX announced this week a major upgrade to the companyis self-titled flagship product; Boris FX 8.0 is a broadcast-quality effects package that works with 20 different host non-linear editors (NLE), including Appleis Final Cut Pro. The new version brings support for new host editors, new filters, and several other new features and improvements.
"Boris FX dramatically expands the compositing and effects capabilities of more than 20 NLEs," Boris FX founder and president Boris Yamnitsky said in a statement. "With the addition of new filters, including motion tracking and stabilizing, this version continues to provide maximum convenience for a streamlined effects workflow at an affordable price."
Version 8.0 adds support for three new editing solutions, including Canopus Edius Pro 3, Media 100 HD and Pinnacle Liquid Edition version 6. Additional hardware support has also been added.
According to the company, the following improvements have been added to FX Version 8.0:
- A new Template Mode lets you create effects directly in the Library Browser.
- New Motion Tracking, Stabilizing and Corner Pin Tracker filters have been added. These filters were taken from the award-winning Boris Red.
- The Library Browser includes additional customizable presets to streamline effects creation. More presets will be available as a free download.
- Multiple optimizations provide an average of 20 percent rendering speed improvements.
- The Library Browser includes new customizable presets to streamline effects creation. Additional presets will soon be available for download.
- Support for Canopus Edius Pro 3, Media 100 HD and Pinnacle Liquid Edition systems.
- Better integration with Sony Pictures Digital Vegas Video and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Video out from the standalone KeyFramer for Avid systems with supported Adrenaline and Mojo hardware.
- A new preference lets you customize the colors of the interface.
- Projects and settings remain fully compatible with the Version 6.0 and 6.0.1 releases.
- Reduced installer size for faster download and installation. The installer on both platforms has been localized into several languages.
- Support for parameter name translations into several languages via an XML dictionary.
The new version is being demonstrated at NAB in Las Vegas, where Boris FX is exhibiting at booth SL4045.
Version 8.0 is available immediately from the companyis Web site for US$595. Upgrades from pervious versions are priced at $199. Users of Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro and Canopus Edius Pro can purchase Boris FX for $249
You can find more information on the product at Boris FXis Web site.