C-Command has released a new version of SpamSieve, bringing it to version 2.0. SpamSieve is a Spam filtering app designed for Mailsmith and Entourage email client programs. The latest release features numerous enhancements including improved information extraction and Eudora 6 support. According to C-Command:
SpamSieve 2.0 is now available.
SpamSieve gives you back your inbox by bringing powerful Bayesian spam filtering to popular e-mail clients. It learns what your spam looks like, so it can block nearly all of it. It looks at your address book and learns what your good messages look like, so it wonit confuse them with spam.
Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers adapt to their rules; SpamSieve actually gets better over time as you train it with more messages. SpamSieve doesnit delete any messages--it only marks them in your e-mail client--so youill never lose any mail.
New in this Version:
- SpamSieve now extracts a lot more information from each message
- Now integrates with Eudora 6 (Sponsored or Paid) via a plug-in
- SpamSieve now has a blocklist and a whitelist
- You can now control how conservative or aggressive SpamSieve is at catching spam
- SpamSieve can now play a sound or bounce its Dock icon after a batch of non-spam messages has arrived
- Shows the number of new good messages in the Dock icon
- Now parses HTML so that it can better extract relevant information from HTML messages, and also handle various HTML-based tricks that spammers use to fool filters
- New method of calculating word probabilities makes SpamSieve better at discerning which words in the message are important
- Includes a corpus of seed spam, to jump-start spam recognition for users who do not have many saved spam messages
- and more..
You can find more information about the SpamSieve 2.0 release at the C-Command Web site. SpamSieve 2.0 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.