Norbert M. Doerner has released a new version of CDFinder, bringing it to version 4.0. CDFinder is a cataloging app designed for the file management of hard disks, DVDis and MP3is. The latest version features performance enhancements including a reworked interface and improved Jaguar support. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
The author today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder 4.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to catalog your hard disks, CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and anything else that spins. It has a great user interface and powerful search functions.
New in CDFinder 4:
- The user interface of CDFinder has been completely reworked! It looks much more beautiful now
- You can now freely choose the font and size that CDFinder uses to display the list window contents
- Single columns can now quickly be turned on and off in the new View menu
- When cataloging a volume, CDFinder now reads the huge 32bit icons in Mac OS X, and the somewhat smaller, still large icons in Mac OS 9
- It is now possible to copy and paste volume icons in CDFinder! This uses the same Get Info window technique that the Finder does
- In Mac OS X, CDFinder can now use anti-aliased text for smoother list display
- In Jaguar, CDFinder will now display better "Kind" information in the list windows
- The CDFinder application icon has been reworked to follow the Jaguar interface guidelines more closely
- A bug regarding large MP3 tags (ID3V2.3) has been corrected
- As usual, a couple of other minor issues has been solved
You can find more information about the latest CDFinder release at the CDFinder Web site. CDFinder 4.0 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.