West-Forest-Systems has released an update for CDFinder, bringing it to version 4.2.2. CDFinder is a cataloging app designed for the file management of hard disks, DVDis and MP3is. The update features support for OS Xis Path Finder and import/export enhancements. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
West-Forest-Systems today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder 4.2.2.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful disk cataloging tool. It can also catalogue hard disks, iPods, CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and anything else that spins. It has a flexible user interface and powerful search functions.
Audio-CDs and MP3 files are fully supported as well.
New in CDFinder 4.2.2:
- CDFinder now supports "Path Finder" in Mac OS X. You can drag any volume or folder from Path Finder into CDFinder to catalogue them, and CDFinder will use Path Finder to reveal items
- A couple of problems saving catalog files on Windows file server have been resolved. CDFinder now also detects changes to catalog files better and more reliable. For network users, this update is very recommended
- Exporting as been improved, and adds another date format (ISO 8601)
- Import of CatFinder catalog files now works for the newer files generated by CatFinder 2.5 and above
- New option "Save window positions into catalogs" allows you to turn that off. That is useful for network setups, and makes backups easier
- The error message windows have been improved
- As usual, a couple of other minor issues has been solved
You can find more information about the latest CDFinder release at the CDFinder Web site. CDFinder 4.2.2 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.