TRI-EDRE has released an update for CloneiX, bringing it to version 1.0.1. CloneiX is a protection utility designed for cloning System folders to prevent damage and allow repair. The update features performance enhancements and minor bug fixes. According to TRI-EDRE:
TRI-EDRE is proud to announce you the availability of CloneiX 1.0.1
CloneiX is a protection utility that allows you to easily clone the System (Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, Mac OS 9) that runs your computer in order to quickly repair it if it gets damaged or if there is an installation problem.
CloneiX 1.0.1 is a minor update which brings several new features. This new version displays new information dialogs to help users and makes clone deletion easier.
New features in version 1.0.1:
- New "Empty Trash" command in the "File" menu (the Finder cannot empty the Trash when it contains protected files or files belonging to other users, while CloneiX is able to delete these files)
- The "Clone List" window allows you to either move clones to the Trash or delete them immediately
- User interface improvements
- Enhanced information and error dialogs
- The "Technical Support" file has been updated
- A problem that occured when cloning a certain kind of files on CDs has been fixed
- Several other minor improvements
You can find more information about the CloneiX update at the TRI-EDRE Web site. CloneiX 1.0.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.