Spiny Software has released an update for Comictastic, bringing it to version 1.1. Comictastic is a comic strip viewing utility designed for enthusiasts of the popular entertainment genre. The update features numerous enhancements including Comic Definitions for improved downloading and Disk Caching to prevent duplicate comic downloads. According to Spiny Software:
Spiny Software, developers of applications for Apple Mac OS X, is proud to announce the release of their freeware comic-strip viewer Comictastic 1.1.
The job of Comictastic is to make finding and viewing your favorite comic-strips a quick and convenient process. Supporting over 160 strips out-of-the-box, all you have to do is choose your favorites, and Comictastic does the rest.
New In This Version:
- Comictastic now uses "Comic Definition" files to describe how to download comics
- The user can now add support for new comics on-the-fly
- Remote updating of comic definitions so fixes for broken support can be issued anytime
- Disk caching. Never download the same comic twice in a day again
- Built-in Help system. Read this to learn how to use the new features!
- Zooming of images. You can set a default zoom in preferences, or zoom temporarily with the menu items
- User can choose between downloading all-at-once, or as selected
- Saving in JPEG and TIFF in addition to PNG
- New Comics: Little Gamers, Penny Arcade, Achewood, Boy on a Stick and Slither, La Cucaracha
- Added feedback link to help menu
- You can type-ahead in the Subscriptions window to select a comic
- and more..
You can find more information about the Comictastic update at the Spiny Software Web site. Comictastic 1.1 is available as freeware.