LAJ Software has released an update to BatControls, bringing the utility to version 1.5. BatControls is a cross platform app that allows you to schedule events for your Mac (or PC) to do. From LAJ Software:
BatControls lets you schedule events (reminder messages, shell commands, and launch files) to execute when you want. Ever have a project where you had to copy or move a file every two hours, after about 4 hours you get tired of copying or moving. Let the computer do the work with BatControls. Customizable for unlimited simultaneous timers to run. It has three modes: reminder message, shell, and Launch Only. In reminder message mode, set the time and date and a reminder window will popup at that time and date. In shell mode all commands are run like you are in command or in terminal. The results from the execution are copied into the log. In Launch Only mode, the user specifies a file and BatControls will launch the file as if it had been opened in explorer. The registered user get the ability to save the configuration and to select autostart. Available for Windows and Macintosh.
Macintosh System Requirements:
BatControls 1.5 requires a PowerPC, running Mac OS version 8.0 or higher. In addition, the computer must have at least 32 MB of RAM. Note that shell mode is not available of Mac OS 8-9, only available for X.
Windows System Requirements:
BatControls 1.5 runs on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition (aka Windows Me), Windows NT and Windows 2000. It requires an Intel Pentium or compatible processor, 32 MB of RAM.
New features in Version 1.5
- Added the ability to schedule reminder messages.
- You can now have unlimited events.
- The events can be set to execute three different ways.
- Repeating on a regular interval
- Repeating starting at a later date
- Non-repeating executing at a set date.
This cross-platform application includes the following:
- The ability to run reminder messages at a user specified interval.
- The ability to run batch or script files at a user specified interval.
- On operating systems with a shell, the ability to run native shell commands.
- The ability to save your current BatControls configuration. Registration required for this feature.
- The ability to autostart to your save configuration as BatControls starts up (this allows for the user to put a shortcut into his or her startup folder and not have to set anything at startup). Registration Required for this feature.
You can find more information on BatControls at LAJ Softwareis Web site. The update is free to registered users, and the full version is priced at US$12.50.