The author today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder 3.1.
CDFinder is the first disk cataloger tool for Apples new operating system for the Macintosh, Mac OS X.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to catalog your hard disks,CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and anything else that spins. It has a great user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports drag&drop;and requires a PowerPC CPU. While System 8.5 is required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9.1 and Mac OS X. A special feature is the multi-lingual user interface (German/French/English/Italian/Swedish/Chinese).
New in CDFinder 3.1:
- CDFinder now runs smoothly in MacOS X as a Carbon application.
- CDFinder finally displays catalog contents hierarchically, just like the Finder does.
- Several visual interface elements had to be updated for the Aqua look of Mac OS X.
- New Get Info windows for catalog folder display a lot of interesting statistical information.
- Several bugs have been fixed.
CDFinder is available for US$20. You can find more information at the CDFinder Web site.