Buena Software, Inc. has released an update for Effects Essentials, bringing it to version 1.1. Effects Essentials is a plug-in designed for expanding the effects possibilities within After Effects. The update fixes several bug issues and also adds performance enhancements for several of the effects. According to Buena Software:
Buena Software, Inc. announced the release of version 1.1 of their Effect Essentials plug-ins for Adobe After Effects today. This set of 10 video effect plug-ins work with 8-bit and 16-bit per channel video in Adobe After Effects 5.0 and later for MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
The Version 1.1 update includes the following changes:
- Camera Flash - Fixed a bug that caused 100% saturation to act like -100% saturation on some machines
- Digital Interference - Audio is now frozen and stuttered when the video is
- Edge Manipulator - Updated trace to draw better. Sped up noise reduction and Gaussian blur routines, significantly
- Feedback - Added the ability to crop the edges of the repeated images without requiring precomposing
- Frame Manipulator - Added the ability to choose audio from any layer. Fixed a bug that caused x and y location outputs not to work correctly when viewing at less than 100% size. Fixed a bug that caused blur to generate a
black frame for very small values
- HSV Curves - Improved memory handling. Fixed a crashing bug that showed up occasionally on OS 9
- HSV Manipulator - Fixed the AltiVec versions of Mosaic so that its output is identical to the non-AltiVec version. Made internal changes to make code more memory efficient
- Radial Glow - Added 14 new compositing modes!
- Super RGB Curves - Made the same memory handling and bug fixes as with HSV Curves
You can find more information about the Effects Essentials update at the Buena Software Web site. Effects Essentials 1.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$249.00.