FileMaker announced the immediate availability of FileMaker Server 8 Advanced on Wednesday. Advanced extends beyond the networking features of File Maker Server 8, adding rapid web deployment tools, custom integration with internal and external web sites, and data source links through ODBC, JDBC, and XML. It also includes enhanced security features through forms-based authentication, encrypted data transfers with SSL, and supports Apache. FileMaker Server 8 Advanced supports both FileMaker 7 and FileMaker 8 database files, and is priced at US$2,499.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi