FireWire Depot on Wednesday introduced a new bridgeboard that makes the connection between USB 2.0 or FireWire 400 and IDE, enabling a user to install an internal hard drive or CD or DVD drive in a computer and convert it to USB 2.0 or FireWire 400. Then the user can connect to the internal device from another computer or other source. Its firmware supports ATA and ATAPI devices. The bridgeboard, which uses the product name U2FWEIDE02, comes with a Y-share DC power cable, an A-to-B USB 2.0 cable and a 6-pin-to-6-pin FireWire 400 cable. Pricing is US$99.99.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
Recent Editorials See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple Kills the Thunderbolt Display - Will the Mac Pro Be Next?
- Apple Discontinues Thunderbolt Display, Directs Customers to Unspecified 3rd Party Displays
- Elgato Eve, an App for Controlling Smart Devices
- 6 Things I Learned about Apple from Gruber’s Interview with Phil Schiller and Craig Federighi