Beyond Midnight Software has updated their disk eject utility, EjectDisk, to version 3.1.4. EjectDisk allows users to eject any removable or mounted disk with a single keystroke from within any application. According to Beyond Midnight Software:
Beyond Midnight Software today announced the release of version 3.1.4 of EjectDisk, its time and effort saving utility for ejecting disks of all types from your computer.
What is EjectDisk?
EjectDisk makes ejecting disk from your computer a breeze. While working in any application you can eject most disks with a single keystroke. No more having to switch back to the Finder to eject the disk, and no more reaching for the mouse to drag the disk icon to the trash. EjectDisk supports most types of disks, and allows great flexibility in setting up the key combinations used to eject disks.
Optionally, EjectDisk can also eject any CD/DVDs still in the computer when the computer is shut down.
What is new in EjectDisk 3.1.4?
EjectDisk 3.1.4 fixes a bug which could cause the EjectDisk to not recognise some removable drives, or even cause the computer to crash when ejecting a disk. It also adds support for the VST Firewire Zip drive. It is recommended that all users of EjectDisk update their copy to this new version.
- Automatically eject CDs from the computer at shutdown.
- Eject all disks of a particular type, or eject individual disks.
- Open the CD/DVD tray from the keyboard.
- Support for built-in floppy drives.
- Support for all Apple and most third party CD-ROM drives.
- Support for most removable, magneto-optical (MO) and tape SCSI devices.
- Support for Zip and Jaz IDE drives.
- Support for several USB removable drives (with more to be added).
- Support for the VST Firewire Zip drive.
EjectDisk is available as shareware for US$10. You can find more information at the Beyond Midnight Software web site.