Global Moxie has released an update for Big Medium, bringing it to version 1.2. Big Medium is a utility designed for Web site updating without the need for HTML knowledge. The update features several enhancements including RSS feeds and Unicode support to name a few. According to Global Moxie:
Global Moxie announced the release of Big Medium 1.2, a major update to the companyis Web content management system.
Big Medium is browser-based software that enables non-technical staff to update Websites without learning HTML.
New features in Big Medium 1.2 include RSS news feeds, support for non-western languages and a new, streamlined editing interface that makes webpage publishing even easier and more intuitive.
NEW FEATURES IN BIG MEDIUM 1.2:
- RSS news feeds allow Website visitors to subscribe to Website headlines and content
- Unicode (UTF-8) support allows publication of content in non-western languages
- Streamlined edit page makes adding and editing Web pages faster, easier and more intuitive
- New text-formatting options allow enhanced control over simple formatting tasks
- Big Mediumis "tips" (micro-content that appears throughout the site) can now be rotated to display different content on every page
- Additional template "widgets" give Webmasters more options to customize their sites
- Big Mediumis content affiliate program offers enhanced control over the appearance and format of links (the content affiliate program allows Website visitors to put automatically updated headlines/links from Big Medium-managed sites on their own Websites)
- Performance improvements make Big Medium faster at building pages
- A variety of reported issues have been fixed
You can find more information about the Big Medium update at the Global Moxie Web site. The Big Medium update is free for qualified users, while the full version is available for US$129.00.