Blue Line Studios today announced the release of LogotypeMaker 2.0 Pro for Macintosh.
LogotypeMakeris main function is the typesetting of a text string using all the useris activated fonts. The applicationis purpose is to help graphics professionals choosing an appropriate typeface in the early stages of creating a logotype. Itis possible to save (print) a postscript file to disk which can be run through Acrobat Distiller; the resulting PDF can then be opened in Illustrator or FreeHand.
Version 2 Pro has some interesting additions:
- Boolean sorting of fonts after user-defined criteria like "Bold", "BoldCondensed", "LightItalicExtended", etc.
- Typesetting of user-selected fonts
- Application preference settings like print margins
- Appending fonts lists from other native files
- Undo/Redo command
- Slide show window, showing the fonts list frame-by-frame, including print feature
- Drag & drop support for native documents.
Logotype Maker is available for US$25. You can find more information at the Blue Line Studios Web site.