Virtual Programming has announced a new game for the Mac platform titled: X2 The Threat. X2 The Threat is a space simulation styled game. Players attempt to master various skills including interstellar combat and growth. The game also features over 70 ships ranging in size from single seaters to gargantuan destroyers. According to Virtual Programming:
X2 The Threat - space simulation on the Mac taken to a new level.
The ultimate test of combat, tactical, navigational and entrepreneurial skills, X2 The Threat is a space simulation of breathtaking depth and scope.
Trade your way through the space lanes and achieve mogul status. Fight your way through dozens of interlinked missions within an all-new storyline.
Build your empire of stations and ships across the Universe. Think if your next move could be your last as the Universe reacts to your actions.
- Explore a massive Universe, where every object has a purpose and every ship has an agenda
- State-of-the-art graphics engine utilising all the latest Direct X capabilities including bump-mapping and volumetric shading
- Trade and manufacture a huge variety of commodities within a truly dynamic and evolving economy. Discover those lucrative trading routes and defend them at all costs
- Acquire and command over 70 different ships from single-seat fighters, through cargo freighters to 2km-long destroyers
- Become an admiral of your own fleet, directing ship movement through an innovative scripting system
- and more...
You can find more information about X2 The Threat at the Virtual Programming Web site. X2 The Threat is slated for release in Q3 2004 for the price of US$53.55.