If Then Software has released an update for Status Symbol, bringing it to version 1.2 for Mac users. Status Symbol is a utility designed for managing iChat functions. The update features several changes including cosmetic enhancements and bug fixes. According to If Then Software:
If Then Software is now shipping Status Symbol 1.2 for Mac OS X & iChat AV users.
Status Symbol is a utility designed for managing your iChat status. The application features fast access buttons for eating, sleeping, working & other routine functions that you can time and display as your iChat status.
The application can display stock info, weather info, system info, personal info, iTunes info, and iChat info as your iChat statusall without "hooking" into the system as a preference pane.
The new version includes:
- New "Headline News" & "Fortune Cookie" modules for displaying as your status in iChat AV
- Simpler interface & many cosmetic changes
- Many bug fixes & code updates
- New custom message timer
- One timer (instead of 6) for all quick access buttons
- Many additions to the iTunes module
- Slight fixes for the Weather module
You can find more information about the Status Symbol update at the If Then Software Web site. Status Symbol is available as donationware.