MindVision Software has released an OS X version of Installer VISE. Installer VISE is an installer creation app designed for software developers. The OS X version features G5 optimizations and Aqua visual standards compliance. According to MindVision Software:
MindVision Software announces the arrival of VISE X, a new installer product designed exclusively for creating full-featured, visually stunning Mac OS X installers for any install situation.
Building on the success of MindVisionis Installer VISE -- the industry standard installer for the Macintosh -- VISE X brings a new feature set and a dedicated focus on Mac OS X.
Features of the new VISE X include:
- VISE X installers display a standard Mac OS X user interface, including Aqua fonts and controls, Mac OS X property sheets and Installer background images with transparency
- Installer now builds as an application bundle
- Support for Mac OS X text and graphic file formats
- Ability to set a background graphic for the installer
- Display QuickTime movies in splash screens and billboards
- XML translator option for localization
- Destination and install locations optimized for Mac OS X
- Custom form editor optimized for Mac OS X
- Mac OS X disk image build target
- Zip post processing
- Improved support for Mac OS X localization
- Improved support for long filenames
- Increased filename limit from 63 to 255 characters
- Increased length of variables values to 255
- New Mac OS X Gestalts
- New search filters in the Bring Up To Date window
- Support for Mac OS X Panther v10.3 and G5 processors
You can find more information about Installer VISE for OS X at the MindVision Software Web site. Pricing information can be obtained from the MindVision sales team.