dot software has released an update for Link Checker, bringing it to version 1.3. Link Checker is a utility designed for URL link verification. The update ships with several new enhancements including interface mods and numerous bug fixes. According to dot software:
dot software is pleased to announce the release of Link Checker 1.3.
Link Checker quickly goes through your Web site and finds any broken links or images. It also displays any redirected links it comes across so the links on your Web site are not outdated. If the Web site you are checking is stored locally, you can fix the broken links right inside Link Checker!
Link Checker is great for anyone with a Web site because broken or outdated links and missing images donit look good.
Whatis new in 1.2:
- Interface improvements
- Loop bug fixes in link parser
- Unexpected quit problem due to closing a connection twice fixed
- Now shows link being fixed when fixing broken links
- Redirected link bug fixed
- Web sites can now have a title
- Improved progress and status indicators
- Many, many bug fixes
- Progress bar bug fixed
- Bug when original link is broken is now fixed
- Support for basic authoritization password protected pages
- Support for BASE HREF tags
- Crashing problem as a result of redirected and non-HTML links fixed
- Ability to change user-agent
- "#" symbols on non-html pages now recognized as non-anchors
- Better HTML type definitions
- and more...
You can find more information about the Link Checker update at the dot software Web site. Link Checker 1.3 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$20.00.