Centurion Technologies has released MacShield Enhanced Edition, a utility that protects a Macis hard drive by writing all changes to a temporary storage area and then eliminating them when the computer is restarted. However, any changes to a useris Home folder are retained, and a persistent storage space can be created where new applications and other changes can be saved. Pricing is US$59.99, and Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
← Previous Article
Skype on Monday added Skype Voicemail to the options available to the more than 1.5 million premium subscribers of its…
Next Article →
Plextor Corp. on Monday added real-time, hardware-based DivX video encoding to the Mac version of its ConvertX Personal Video Recorder.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Hands-On with Blue’s Mo-Fi Headphones: Comfort Married to High Fidelity
- China Hopes to Unseat Apple, Microsoft, Google with Linux-Based OS
- Apple Fitness Sensors Everywhere: It’s More than the iWatch
- Why Everything Gets Better With Apple, Worse for Others
- An iPhone Veteran Evaluates an Amazon Fire Phone