Mac OS X Public Beta has an expiration date of 2001-05-15. You should upgrade to Mac OS X if you use Mac OS X Public Beta. Mac OS X offers reliability and a rich assortment of features. For more information on Mac OS X, please see www.apple.com/macosx/.
Mac OS X Late Breaking News (available on the Mac OS X Dock -- after Mac OS X is installed) contains additional information on upgrading from Mac OS X Public Beta.
Note: The Mac OS X Public Beta software license agreement also states this expiration date.
Important: When upgrading, you should erase the hard disk volume containing Mac OS X Public Beta. If you do not do this, you may experience issues with your network settings and fonts. Before you install Mac OS X, back up any documents you have on your existing Mac OS X Public Beta disk or disk partition.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Apple Earns a Black Eye for Apple Music
- iTunes 12.2 and iCloud Music Library: A Disaster for Your Music Collection
- Eight Weeks With the MacBook Keyboard: Total Love
- Apple’s new iTunes Terms & Conditions highlight Apple Music, Expose iCloud Music Library
- Import Spotify and Rdio Playlists to Beats Music for Apple Music Launch