Mac OS X Public Beta has an expiration date of 2001-05-15. You should upgrade to Mac OS X if you use Mac OS X Public Beta. Mac OS X offers reliability and a rich assortment of features. For more information on Mac OS X, please see www.apple.com/macosx/.
Mac OS X Late Breaking News (available on the Mac OS X Dock -- after Mac OS X is installed) contains additional information on upgrading from Mac OS X Public Beta.
Note: The Mac OS X Public Beta software license agreement also states this expiration date.
Important: When upgrading, you should erase the hard disk volume containing Mac OS X Public Beta. If you do not do this, you may experience issues with your network settings and fonts. Before you install Mac OS X, back up any documents you have on your existing Mac OS X Public Beta disk or disk partition.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- Analyst: “Hey Siri” Media Event no Game Changer for AAPL
- Joy of Tech Comic Nails the Difference Between Cable Providers and Customers on Apple TV
- Frozen: How to Force Quit an OS X App Showing a Spinning Beachball of Death
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today