Smith Micro has released a new video conferencing system for the Mac platform, VideoLink Pro. VideoLink Pro is based on the H.323 standard, and will allows home and small business users to communicate in real-time over the Internet. According to Smith Micro:
The Macintosh Division of Smith Micro Software, Inc. (Nasdaq: SMSI), a developer and marketer of a wide range of software and service solutions for the Internet market, today announced VideoLink pro for Mac, the first H.323 standards based video conferencing software solution for the Mac platform.
This innovative new product will enable education, small business and home users to communicate with both audio and video in real time over the Internet. By utilizing H.323 standards, VideoLink pro customers can communicate with other Mac users as well as Microsoft Windows users.
VideoLink pro easily and cost-effectively turns any Mac into a video conferencing station whether itis connected across the Internet or over a LAN. Easy to set-up and even easier-to-use, it takes advantage of the extensive multimedia capabilities of the Mac platform as well as using QuickTime, Apple?s standards-based technology for streaming high quality audio and video. VideoLink pro is a full-featured, low-cost solution designed especially for the high standards of the Mac user.
VideoLink pro for Mac
- Offers real-time H.323 standard video conferencing via the Internet
- Links Internet users together for real-time video communication
- Creates a cost-efficient alternative to expand learning beyond the "traditional" classroom
- Provides worldwide Internet video conferencing communication capabilities
- A modern GUI specifically for the Mac includes Internet phone+chat+video
- Brings standards based video conferencing to the Mac platform enabling distance learning
VideoLink Pro will be available in time for the holiday shopping season, and is expected to retail for US$59.95. You can find more information at the Smith Micro web site.