Docking Maneuvers is a simple tool that empowers you to move the Dock to any edge of the screen, and anchor it in any corner. The software configures the Dock to activate this functionality, which is disabled by default in the shipping version of Mac OS X.
My software replaces the following process:
- Enabling the root account in NetInfo Manager.
- Opening Terminal.app and typing su, then your root password.
- Entering a command to open the Dock packageis internal property list as root in TextEdit
- Searching the XML for a certain dictionary and changing the key of an object from "command" to "menu"
- Saving the property list over the previous list and quitting Terminal and TextEdit.
- Open Docking Maneuvers.
- Click the options you want.
- Click Make Changes and type in your password.
Docking Maneuvers is available for free. You can find more information at Mr. Shoemakeris Web site.