Northern Softworks has released a new version of Lights Out, bringing it to version 2.0. Lights Out is an energy saver utility designed for expanding Jaguar sleep control. The latest version ships with several user defined configs including sleep hot spots. According to Northern Softworks:
Northern Softworks today announced the release of version 2.0 of Lights Out, its new Energy Saver utility for Jaguar.
Lights Out is an application designed to give users more control over Appleis Energy Saver. It helps solve the problem of Energy Saver insomnia. Many scanners and other peripherals interfere with the Macis normal sleeping patterns. Lights Out offers a secondary idle timer to put your Mac to sleep even when Energy Saver fails to do so. The application also offers hot corners to instantly put your Mac to sleep, or keep your Mac awake.
- User configurable idle times for dimming the screen, spinning down disks, and CPU sleep
- User configurable idle time for system shut down
- User definable hot spots for CPU sleep and never sleep
- Application based for easy installation and stability
- Simple to configure and use
- Illustrated Documentation
You can find more information about the latest Lights Out release at the Northern Softworks Web site. Lights Out 2.0 is free for 1.x users, while the full version is available for US$7.95.