OmniWeb was designed to provide you with the best user experience youill find in a web browser. We think itis important to polish every user interaction to make sure that the browser acts the way you want it to so you can stop thinking about the application youire using and just get at the information you want, quickly.
Instead of trying to make our browser more like a television, weive concentrated on useful features, from extremely easy to use bookmarks (we were the first browser to allow you to simply drag a page to and from your bookmarks) that can automatically check themselves for new content, to forms that automatically remember their values when they are bookmarked.
How you feel when you use a browser is the product of a thousand little details, and weive sweated over every one: for example, we have keyboard shortcuts for finding forward and backward (and automatically wrapping around), shrink-to-fit window zooms and (of course!) a fully "Aquafied" user interface. Our Aqua support is not just skin deep: we have slide-out bookmark and history "drawers", a configurable Aqua toolbar, and the system Aqua preferences panel. And, not only do we use native Aqua interface elements for display on web pages, we even make the default submit button in a form throb just like it would if it were the default button on a native panel, so you know what will happen when you hit return.
New in 4.0cf3:
- Most reported crashes fixed
- The keyboard no longer stops responding after viewing a QuickTime movie
- Renamed the "Save Browser Window Layout" menu item to "Save Browser Window Size"
- Fixed the "Smooth text larger than n points" preference
- Fixed the "Always use these colors" preference
- We now correctly handle script tags inside select tags
- The source editor does a better job of reformatting li tags
- Aborting an HTML processor (which happens automatically if you load another page before this one finishes loading) which is currently loading a CSS page (at, say, a slow server) no longer results in an unkillable process, since we now detect that our child pipeline was aborted by the user
OmniWeb is available as shareware for US$29.95. You can find more information at The Omni Group Web site.