Newsflash 4.0 is an easy to use Usenet news-reader with a modern Aqua interface. True reference-based message threading makes it easy to follow the flow of a conversation and an advanced multi-threaded design ensures maximum responsiveness even when performing multiple simultaneous operations.
The Newsflash project is an OpenSource effort to create an easy to use but powerful native MacOS X Usenet newsreader. Newsflash features a gorgeous non-blocking Aqua GUI married to an architecture which supports multiple NNTP news servers, multiple concurrent operations and true (by reference) article threading. We hope to add MIME and binary support and advanced filtering and searching features.
Newsflash is developed in 100% native Objective-C using MacOS Xis advanced COCOA object oriented environment. Newsflash originated as a freeware project developed by Christopher Wolf (Wolfware). In order to expedite development and deliver a higher quality product to the MacOS X community Chris has released the Newsflash sources under the BSD license as an an OpenSource project at Sourceforge.
Recent News See All »
- Apple TV gets More Athletic with 120 Sports Channel
- Samsung to Take On Apple Pay with Cleverly Named Samsung Pay
- Older Dropcam Models Going Dark April 15, Google’s Nest Offering Free Replacements
- Apple Earnings Report and Conference Call Tuesday
- Apple’s AuthenTec Purchase Blocked Fingerprint Sensor on Nexus 6 Smartphone