CTM has released a new beta version of PowerMail, bringing it to version 4.2 b1. PowerMail is an email client designed for the management and sending of email. The latest beat release adds new FoxTrot search technology and improved filtering to name a few. According to CTM:
PowerMail for Macintosh 4.2 bbeta has now been released.
Designed as a robust and sustainable alternative to ordinary Macintosh e-mail applications, PowerMail is based on the PowerMail Engine(tm), a robust foundation for cross-platform e-mail clients encompassing 9 years of mail and directory experience.
Whatis new in the PowerMail 4.2 public beta (from version 4.1.3):
- Now includes entirely new CTM FoxTrot(TM) high-speed search technology
- FILTERING can now also occur based on a messageis content (notably useful for creating customizeable built-in spam filters)
- IMAP SEARCHES now possible and very fast due to indexing of the local IMAP cache (once connected, the search dialog will allow restricting searches to the selected IMAP mailboxes)
- Still supports Mac OS X, Mac OS 9 and even 8.6
- Now compatible with the "Panther" (Mac OS X 10.3) preview builds
You can find more information about the latest PowerMail release at the CTM Web site. PowerMail 4.1.3 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$49.00.