Also available as part of the ACTION Utilities collection that includes ACTION Files, ACTION WYSIWYG and ACTION GoMac, ACTION Menus enables users to create, customize and configure menus so that a useris most frequently used files, folders, applications, and volumes are instantly available.
The update, version 1.0.1, incorporates several improvements aimed at enhancing operation with Mac OS 9 and G4 Macintoshes. The ability to assign keyboard commands to virtually any applicationis menus has been improved so that items designated as "favorites" are included in the functionality. Also improved is compatibility with the Multifunction menu Items and the ability to display documents in the recent Items menus.
Features of ACTION Menus include:
- Addition of custom menus that include a Recent Applications Menu, a Windows Menu, a Documents Menu, a Server Menu, a Volume Menu, and a Recent Documents and Folders Menu. Enhanced functionality is also provided to the Apple Menu and the Applications Menu
- Full Drag and Drop Support: Drag files and folders into menus and eliminate the need to tediously dig through piles of folders buried deep on a drive. Also open files by dragging to the application in the menu
- Recent Applications Menu: Keeps track of the most recently used applications. Provides the ability to permanently add any application to the menu with a single keystroke
- Enhanced Apple Menu: Provides drag and drop functionality in the Apple menu so that items can be dragged from anywhere and dropped onto the Apple menu
- Open Windows Menu: Keeps track of all open windows in an application
- Recent Documents and Folders Menu: Application specific menus provide immediate access to current applicationis most recently used files and folders. These menus are instantly updated every time the user switches into or out of the application
- Server Menu: Provides multi-level access to recently mounted servers
- Mounted Volume Menu: Provides five-folder deep access to recent volumes
- Applications menu: Adds hierarchical menus listing all open windows in every running application
- Finder Commands added to the Applications menu and offer option to Show Finder Only and Quit All
- Custom Menus: Users can add up to four custom Application menus and four custom System menus
- Customizable Smart Items and Separators: Automate the order in which the menus display information and add user definable category separators for faster access to specific types of information
- User-definable keyboard commands: Assign keystrokes to instantly access favorite items or permanently remove an item or group of items. Even replace an applicationis keyboard commands with ones you prefer
- Multi-Action Commands: Permits the user to perform menu commands on multiple items simultaneously. Open, Close or Get information on several files folders or documents without having to repeatedly go back to menus
ACTION Menus 1.0.1 is available for US$39.95 for the CD version, and US$29.95 for the downloadable version. The update is free to all owners of prior versions of ACTION Menus or the ACTION Utilities bundle. You can find more information about ACTION Menus at Power Onis Web site.