PreFab Software, Inc. has released an update for UI Browser, bringing it to version 1.0.1. UI Browser is a utility designed for scripters using GUI Scripting from Apple. The update features keyboard shortcut support and other enhancements. According to PreFab Software:
PreFab Software, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of UI Browser 1.0.1, an update to its utility to help scripters write user interface scripts using Appleis new "GUI Scripting" technology for AppleScript in Mac OS X version 10.2.3 and higher.
PreFab UI Browser is the ultimate assistant for GUI Scripting. It helps scripters explore, control and monitor the user interface of most Mac OS X applications, navigating the interface hierarchy then generating useful AppleScript statements with a single click.
UI Browser 1.0.1 fixes several minor problems, improves speed and stability, and adds many new features, including these:
- Keyboard shortcuts to generate commonly used AppleScript commands, including three new commands in this release
- Preference options to send generated scripts directly to Script Editor 2.0, Script Debugger or Smile in a single step, bypassing the clipboard, or to place them on the clipboard automatically for pasting into any editor
- Send non-printing control characters and function keys, such as tab, return, delete and arrow keys, to any target application, and generate AppleScript commands to do the same thing
- Optionally target background applications such as the Dock
- Take advantage of Accessibility enhancements in Mac OS X 10.2.4
You can find more information about the UI Browser update at the PreFab Software, Inc. Web site. The UI Browser update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$39.95.