Aspyr Media announced the immediate availability of an update to Quake 4 with improved support for Intel-based Macs on Monday. The 1.2 update adds support for the symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) capabilities in the Core Duo processor in the iMac, Mac mini, and MacBook Pro, and shows performance improvements between 15 and 30 percent. The update also includes several new multiplayer maps and bug fixes. The Quake 4 1.2 update is free to current users, and is available for download at the macgamefiles.com Web site.
Recent News See All »
- Meijer, the CurrenctC/MCX Member Who Refuses to Block Apple Pay
- CES Rebrands iLounge Pavilion as iProducts, Hopes to Attract Macworld Expo Exhibitors
- Apple Reverses PCalc Decision; App and Widget Can Stay
- Microsoft Joins the Fitness Tracking Game with Fitness Band
- Apple: Widgets Can’t Calculate, Orders Featured Calculator Widget Removed