Aspyr Media announced the immediate availability of an update to Quake 4 with improved support for Intel-based Macs on Monday. The 1.2 update adds support for the symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) capabilities in the Core Duo processor in the iMac, Mac mini, and MacBook Pro, and shows performance improvements between 15 and 30 percent. The update also includes several new multiplayer maps and bug fixes. The Quake 4 1.2 update is free to current users, and is available for download at the macgamefiles.com Web site.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- My Search: a New Display for a Mac Pro, Part I
- Appellate Judge Questions Government’s Case against Apple for iBooks
- iPhoneography 101: Photo Post Processing on Your iPhone