RAILhead Design has released an update for SpamStopper, bringing it to version 1.4.0. SpamStopper is a utility designed to prevent spambots from harvesting email contacts from Web sites. The update features performance enhancements including address validity detection and version checking. According to RAILhead Design:
RAILhead Design is pleased to announce the immediate availability of SpamStopper v1.4.0, a web designeris utility that will help keep email harvesting spambots from grabbing email addresses from your Website.
Changes in v1.4.0 include:
- SpamStopper now detects whether or not the entered email address is valid by making sure thereis an "@" and a "." in the string
- HTML Link Display Text is no longer a requirement for encoding to proceed -- if the encoded HTML is for a graphic, thereis no need to have visible text
- Created a new icon (Hormelis touchy about their canned meat)
- New save feature: data is now saved and accessible in the popup menus next to the associated text fields for future use
- Added version checking capability
- Added more preference items: Auto-update checking and window size/position remembering
- Moved the format popup to the left of the "Convert" button for a more "flowing" interface
- Other minor tweaks and tucks
You can find more information about the SpamStopper update at the RAILhead Design Web site. SpamStopper is available as freeware.