Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Tim Cook Worked Hard to Sell Us on Apple’s Future while CFO Luca Maestri Apologized
- Apple Misses Wall Street Estimates on Earnings, iPhone, Mac, and Raises Dividend
- The John Sculley Interview: Apple’s DNA, Walks With Steve Jobs and More