Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac
- Back from the Dead: Using Apple’s Abandoned Safari for Windows Today
- OS X: El Capitan’s Deletion of “Repair Disk Permissions” Could Impact You
- When (and When Not) to Replace Your Old Mac
- How Not to Waste Your Time With the iPhone 6 Plus Camera Replacement Program