Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
← Previous Article
The software is for use with Griffin's radio SHARK, a device that adds FM/AM radio capability to a computer, along…
Next Article →
A Computer Dealer News article posted at MacNewsWorld indicates that attitudes are changing in the IT (information technology) sector.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Granted ‘iTime’ Patent for Wearable Mobile Electronic Device (Plus Wristband)
- OS X Yosemite Public Beta Coming July 24
- Class-Action Suit Against Apple for Alleged Labor Violations
- Apple Buys 29 Companies (plus Beats) in 21 months, 5 Since March
- Apple’s Tim Cook Says iPad Sales Behind IBM Partnership