Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
- Buy iPhone 6 from T-Mobile Now, Swap for iPhone 6s for Free, Apple Music Exempt from Data Limits
- Apple Targets Fitness, Travel, Music Apps in New Apple Watch Ads
- Google Plus + Google Agenda = Facebook Win
- Huge Counterfeit iPhone Maker Shut Down in China
- Good News, Apple Watch, You’re Coming to Best Buy