Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
- Three Ways to Protect your Apple Watch (and One Way Not To)
- Apple to Supreme Court: You can Skip Samsung’s Patent Appeal
- Want to Watch the Super Bowl on Your iPad for Free? There’s an App for That
- Final Cut Pro X Adds 4K Video Export for Apple Devices
- Apple to Accept Some Cracked Screens in iPhone Trade-in Program and Install Screen Protectors