Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- The Unexpected Ways Apple Watch Will Crush the Competition
- BBC Films ‘Apple’s Broken Promises’ for Worker Conditions in Pegatron iPhone Factory
- My Search: a New Display for a Mac Pro, Part I
- Appellate Judge Questions Government’s Case against Apple for iBooks
- iPhoneography 101: Photo Post Processing on Your iPhone