Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
- Decades-Old Legacy Encryption Found in iOS, OS X, Android - Apple Says Fix Is Coming
- Apple Will Reportedly Announce MacBook Air with Retina Display on March 9th
- Apple’s Security Contractors are about to Become Employees
- Apple Working on Settlement with A123 after Hiring Battery Employees
- David Sparks Debuts ‘Workflow Video Field Guide’ for iOS Automation