Sonos Inc. on Wednesday released version 1.2 of the software that drives its Sonos Digital Music System, which allows homeowners to access their digital music collection from any room in the house. The upgrade adds the Sonos Desktop Controller for Mac users, which enables them to control the music system from their computers, as well as support for iTunes 4.9. The latter addition enables users to access podcasts, in addition to their iTunes playlists, on the Sonos music system. Other changes, such as power scrolling on the Sonos handheld controller and better detection of firewalls, have also been made to the software. Mac OS X v10.3 or v10.4 is required.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- How to Safely Disable iCloud Photo Library and Reclaim Space for iCloud Backups
- The Depressing Gap Between Apple and the U.S. Federal Government is Widening
- OS X: Why You Need a Hard Drive Clone
- Apple’s New MacBook: Great for Some (But Not All)
- How to Prevent Your Apple Watch Display from Timing Out and Going Dark [UPDATED]