TheCodingMonkeys announced the release of SubEthaEdit 3.0 on Monday. The new version has a new file system that preserves author meta data and allows users to track changes, collaborate offline and more.
Some of the major enhancements include:
- All connections are 2048-bit SSL encrypted if possible.
- Persistent file format that stores collaboration metadata and history with QuickLook support.
- Collaboration metadata is preserved where possible.
- Shiny new statistics window showing word, character and lines counts as well as a user history.
- User Interface for mode recognition order and mode recognition triggers.
- Restoring document contents after a crash (including metadata).
- Highlighter supports unlimited nesting of states.
SubEthaEdit 3 is a free upgrade for all licensed users. It is a Universal Application and requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later. It is priced at ?29.