Solutions Etcetera has announced a public beta release for SuperCard 4.5, the companyis HyperCard-like development environment. SuperCard is a stacks-based authoring environment that allows users to create their own Mac OS X applications. The new version sports many new features, including:
- Ruler based paragraph-level formatting.
- Embedded objects in text.
- Alpha channel graphic masking.
- Non-destructive graphic effects and filters.
- Up to 800% faster in executing scripts (according to the company).
- Enhanced large text-field handling.
- Standalone modular help system.
- Full text search.
- Enhanced keyboard and mouse support.
- Automatic syntax completion and lookup.
You can download the beta at Solutions Etceterais Web site. The public beta is free, but requires registration.