The software suite features a Microsoft-like user interface, critical feature support, and interoperation with existing Microsoft Office files. ThinkFreeis Java architecture allows for interoperability between Windows, Linux or Macintosh operating systems, as well as flexibility that makes it an ideal home, education or small-business "Office" complement or alternative.
Major features in ThinkFree Office 3 include:
- A word processor (Write), spreadsheet (Calc), and graphics presentation software (Show)
- Document viewing compatibility with Microsoft Office
- Multi-platform support with Windows, Linux, and Macintosh
- Cross-platform compatibility (Windows compatible fonts bundled for Mac & Linux platforms)
- A full-featured drawing module for all three applications
- A chart module and real-time spell checker
- HTML & PDF export
- XML (WordML and SpreadsheetML) support
- Multi-language support including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese and Chinese
ThinkFree Office 3 ThinkFree Office 3 requires Mac OS X 10.3 and is now available for purchase and downloads online at for the suggested retail price of US$49.95. It will be available across the U.S. through retailers later this summer, the company said.