Ben Software has released an update for BTV Pro, bringing it to version 5.4. BTV Pro is a video capture app that is designed for video production and animation. The new version includes performance enhancements and bug fixes. According to Ben Software:
Ben Bird announced today that version 5.4 of his popular Macintosh video software BTV Pro has been released.
BTV Pro is software for video capture, editing, and stop-motion animation. It also has advanced features such as timelapse capture, motion detection, and DV video input and output. It works with any Macintosh compatible video input source such as video input cards, TV cards, built-in video, USB, DV, and FireWire video sources.
The improvements of BTV Pro 5.4 over the previous version are:
- Deinterlace filter for captured and exported images
- Much improved performance for motion detection capture from a DV source
- New option to add new frames always to the end of movies when animating
- New option to convert a DV stream to a QuickTime movie without a lengthy export process
- New option to preview video during a DV stream capture
- Fixed a rare problem causing data corruption during motion detection and timelapse capture
- Minor bug fixes
You can find more information about the BTV Pro update at the Ben Software Web site. BTV Pro 5.4 is available for US$40.00.