The first smartphone based on Google's Android operating system, T-Mobile's G1, has sold one million units since its launch last October. As Wired pointed out, Apple sold one million iPhones in 74 days. However, T-Mobile sold 1.5 million 3G phones since last October, which gives the G1 a dominating share of the cellular carrier's 3G handset business. The smartphone is manufactured by HTC.
Recent News See All »
Popular Stories See All »
- New Products Apple Might Give Us While We Wait for the Car
- Changing Your Wi-Fi Channel for Improved Speed
- Tim Cook Worked Hard to Sell Us on Apple’s Future while CFO Luca Maestri Apologized
- Apple Misses Wall Street Estimates on Earnings, iPhone, Mac, and Raises Dividend
- The John Sculley Interview: Apple’s DNA, Walks With Steve Jobs and More