Apple released an update to Aperture 3 Thursday, bringing the photo management and correction software to version 3.0.2. The update includes several bug fixes and other improvements to the software.
Apple’s patch notes:
- Upgrading Aperture 1.x and 2.x libraries
- Importing libraries from iPhoto or from earlier versions of Aperture
- Importing hierarchical folders of photos into a library
- Adding names and confirming matches in Faces
- Reordering snapshots on the Faces corkboard
- Creating and saving print presets
- Duplicating metadata presets
- Adjustments using Curves, Straighten and Retouching
- Navigation of photos in the Viewer using scrolling
- Importing ratings, color labels and GPS data from XMP sidecar files
- IPTC metadata compatibility
- Deleting photos when emptying the Aperture Trash
- Exporting versions and libraries
- The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.
Apple has added a KnowledgeBase article for Aperture updates, but info specific to this patch has not yet been added.
Thanks to our friends at MacUpdate for the heads up on the patch.